Saturday 14 January 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Ring

It has been a busy weekend and it is only Saturday! Yeah!
I made my first recipe of the year. I got it from my friend Dianne and wanted to give it a try because I loved it when I had it last year.
Lemon Poppy Seed Ring
Cake
1 package lemon cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup lemon or plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup poppy seeds
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
Combine all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spread batter evenly into tube pan. Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 C
Icing
3 tbls milk
2 tbls butter (melted)
2 cups icing sugar
3 tbls lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon rind
Mix together and spread over when cake is still slightly warm.

It turned out delicious!!


I worked out and went for a walk to burn this one off!! It was worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment